At St. Gabriel’s, we endeavour to promote an environment where the welfare of the students is most important.
- Our Pastoral Care and Student Wellbeing programs (anchored in the Gospel values):
- Foster the wellbeing and development of each student and make the school a happy, safe and supportive environment for all.
- Emphasise the values of self-esteem, self-discipline and respect for one's self and others.
- Encourage the children to develop self-control and a personal values system that emphasises positive attitudes towards one's self and those in authority.
At St. Gabriel’s, we endeavour to promote an environment where the wellbeing of the students is most important.
Student Wellbeing and Pastoral Care:
- Relates to all the things a school does to provide for the well-being of the students.
- Involves both curricular and extra-curricular structures.
- Aims to create a caring environment in which the teaching and learning is enhanced for all students.
The school offers a variety of programs and strategies in an effort to provide a happy, safe and supportive school environment for all students:
- Gospel Quality Awards
- Promotion of our School Motto, “Strength & Gentleness”
- Peer Activity Leader (PAL) program
- Buddies Program
- Class Awards
- Student Representative Council (SRC Year 3 - 6)
- NED (Never Give Up, Encourage Others, Do Your Best)
- Class Meetings
- Visits to O’Mara House
- Season for Growth Program
- School Captains and Vice Captains
- House Captains
- Student Positive Behaviour Team
- Care Groups